Monday, January 23, 2012

Chapter 3: Grover Unexpectantly Loses His Pants - LT#5


Part 1:

As before, prior to reading Chapter 3, complete a short entry from the following 3 questions. This time respond to 2 of the options.

1. “The best people get the worst luck.” Do you agree? Can you think of a
time when something terrible happened to a good person? Conversely, do
bad people have good things happen to them?

2. What is the place that you feel most at ease – a place you’d like to be more
than anywhere else?

3. Does your family have a favorite or traditional place to spend vacations?
If so, describe it. If not, where would you most like to take a vacation if
money was no object?


Part 2: 

What Do you think of the book so far? Leave a comment below telling me what your favorite part of the book is at this point. (Yes this is part of your grade!)

Part 3:

Cut and paste the following questions to your blog to answer while we read Chapter 3.

1. Why does Percy leave Grover at the bus station? What would you have done in
his place?


2. Why doesn’t Percy tell his mom the truth about Mrs. Dodds and the ladies at the
fruit stand?

3. How does Percy get even with Gabe as they’re loading up the Camaro?

4. Why is Montauk special to Percy’s mom?

5. Why does Percy’s mom eat blue food, and why does Percy love this about her?

6. What knew information does Percy learn about his dad as he and his mother are
roasting marshmallows?

7. Describe Percy’s dream. What do you think it means?

8. How does the title of the chapter, “Grover Unexpectedly Loses His Pants,” come
true?

27 comments:

  1. My Favorite Part Was Is When Percy Was AT His Mom House And Gabe Was There With His Friends

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the part when Percy got back at Gabe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that this book really funny when it gets to chapter three but it is really a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this book I liked it when Gabe said"bean dip...bean dip....BEAN DIP!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book is awesome. My favorite part is when percy says "I hope you lose" to Gabe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this book it is probaly better than the movie.My favorite part is when his talking about the other boys playing poker.He said that two of the boys passing gas in harmony.And when he sais I hope you lose and then he sas I wouldt act so smart your report card came in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. By what I heard about the movie I think that the book is better .
    my favorite part is when the kids pass as in harmony

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like chapter 4 it talk about percy mother and the monster and the bully came to percy and talked about him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i like chapter 5 because Mr.Brunner shows Percy all the things about camp half-blood

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the part when Percy and his mom are eating blue candy on the side of the bed,I love blue candy

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite part is chapter 5 because Mr. Brunner shows things about Camp Half-Blood

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite part was when Smelly Gabe asked Percy for some cash and he threw it on the table and said I hope you lose.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My favorite part in the book so far is when Grover loses his pants. I think its a very funny moment.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My favorite part so far is page one when he says

    'I was a boarding student at Yancy Academy, a private school for troubled kids in upstate New York. Am I a troubled kid? Yeah you could say that.'

    I don't know why, but just the way they write it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Its cool becuase it has more action and my faviote part is when Percy fights the minitar

    ReplyDelete
  17. My favorite prt is when grover looses his pants because its funny.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My Favorite part was when Percy, his mom, and Grover were running away from the minoutar grabbed his mom and crushed her because it almost made me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  19. this comment is continued...

    I like it because that sounds like something I would do...(to a maid!)

    ReplyDelete
  20. My favorite so far is when Mrs.Dodds turned into a kindly one.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is great so far.

    ReplyDelete
  22. My favorite part is when everything got suppicous with everybody at the school expecially Mr. Brunner

    ReplyDelete
  23. My favorite part is when those old ladies had the scissors and we herd that snip sound

    ReplyDelete
  24. It is amazing so far my favorite part so far is when Mrs.Dodds kindly one

    ReplyDelete
  25. My favorite part about the book is when Percy Jackson left Grover at the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think it was great because it is JUST GRAET. My favorite part is when the egal and the house were fighting in Percy's dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think the book is great my favorite part is when the bull tries to kill them.

    ReplyDelete