Monday, March 5, 2012

Chapter 18: Annabeth Does Obedience School

Ok, the underworld huh! Well, If you were about to enter a world that was scarier than death, how would you feel? What thoughts are running through your head at that very moment? Comment below about your mindset at this point if you were one of our fearless/fearful characters.

Reading Questions

1.Why does the DOA security guard get annoyed with Percy?


2.How does Charon realize Percy and his friends are not really dead?



3.How does Percy finally convince Charon to take them into the elevator?



4.What does the River Styx look like? Why does it look this way?



5.Describe the entrance to the Underworld.




6.If you were standing in that line, would you rather choose EZ Death and go straight to Asphodel, or risk being judged for your actions on earth?


7.What is Percy’s plan to get past Cerberus? Why doesn’t it work?





8.How does Annabeth save them? Why is she able to do this?


9.What does Percy realize about monsters at the end of the chapter?


10.Do you feel sorry for Cerberus? Would you have risked playing fetch with him, if you were Annabeth?

Follow-up Activities

1. Obedience School. Use the Internet to research how to train dogs. Did Annabeth do the right thing? Look up information on the Rottweiler breed in particular. How easy are they to train?
2. Play Rockabye Cerberus. Visit the Winged Sandals site at: http://abc.net.au/arts/wingedsandals/games/cerberus.htm. Try your hand at the Orpheus music game. Can you put Cerberus to sleep?

13 comments:

  1. Well I'm Not Scared Because It Might Be Ugly But Not Scary Unless There Is Bones All Over The Floor :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be terrified surrounded by ghosts and monsters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be so fearful to go into the underworld.! I would rather die then than walk in and die there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would feel really scared, my mind would be racing with fear and questions. I really would be a fearful character if you ask me! :((

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be so scared,my mind would be like filled with a hole bunch a guestions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WELL I WOULD BE SCARED TO DEATH AND MY THOUGHTS WERE THAT I HOPE I WONT DIE

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wouldn't be scared if I had a weapon like riptide or if I was a god

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will be freaking out because i wouldn't know what to do i wouldn't have no weapons

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would be SOOOO scared I am Chicken.And I would be CRYING!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i would be so scared because its the underworld helloooo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would be really scared But brave at the same time time too

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would be frighteing of what could happen when you do enter a place like that,because it's scared.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would be so scared and I don't know what is going to pop out the door in any moment.

    ReplyDelete